Alright, here's a thread about Q4:34

photo

I'll start with this Hadith, showing firstly why it's not "beating" in the sense of what first conjures in one's mind. The Prophet PBUH would be contradicting himself if it meant so. Look here closely.

photo

Second, Here is another verse

photo

photo

"So then, what is the "ØļØąØ¨" in the verse?" you may ask....

photo

Here are some Hadiths to give the gist of "ØļØąØ¨".

photo

The Prophet PBUH himself has never struck anyone.

photo

photo

So we now know that it can't be the beating one would think of at first. And I'll get to that now. What is a beating "without leaving injury or harm"? It has been interpreted as, "getting your attention".

photo

This has been defined as "getting your attention by a tap, usually with a handkerchief or a Miswak" after examining the previous Ahadith and verses.

photo

photo

photo

Here is the actual meaning to be inferred.

photo

Some scholars went a step further, that, since "striking" is what one would do to the other to get his attention, then just showing one's discontent would be enough.

photo

The Prophet PBUH reprimands those who beat their wives just to embrace them as if it is nothing.

photo

photo

The Messenger of Allah said: "The best of you are those who are best to their womenfolk." Grade: Sahih (Darussalam)

photo

photo

Once a man actually "hits" his wife, depending on the severity, the punishment could go to something called Qisas "Retribution" or "Eye for an Eye".

photo

photo

Here's the ruling of this Hadith:

photo

photo

There has been a joke of an allegation about the Prophet PBUH "beating" Ayesha. I'll end it in a sec. The word "Ų„Ų‡Ø˛" is:

photo

photo

"This is just a camel"

photo

photo

I also want to note that in the Arabic Lexicon, ØļØąØ¨ is much more richer. It's not Arabic's fault that English is poorer in this regard. Please do read this.

photo

Heck, ØļØąØ¨ when used with "water" so that it becomes " ØļØąØ¨ اŲ„Ų…Ø§ØĄ ØšŲ„Ų‰ ŲˆØŦŲ‡Ų‡ "He hits his face with water????!!!". No!! It means to wash his face.

photo